Bus Error Core Dumped Solaris 10
share|improve this answer edited Oct 20 '12 at 16:16 md5 17.5k22071 answered Jun 26 '12 at 8:51 Vinaya Sagar 171 Heh...if this were the case, you'd have BUS error Was it "gmake" or a child process? The Intel x86 is, by the way, not such an architecture, it would allow the access (albeit execute it more slowly). So of course that fixes it.
Bus Error (core Dumped) Linux
It wouldn't be stack overflow protection, just memory write protection (this is a security hole if your program can rewrite itself). –Mark Lakata Jun 21 at 17:11 add a comment| up opened pipe while opening files? Please post beginner questions to learn unix and learn linux in this forum UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Search Forums Show Threads Show Posts Tag Search Advanced Search Unanswered share|improve this answer answered May 8 at 6:04 brucellino 1057 add a comment| Your Answer draft saved draft discarded Sign up or log in Sign up using Google Sign up
- Technical Notes Bus errors can result from either a programming error or device corruption on your system.
- From the code you can clearly see that the o0 register contains the value 0x2a (which is, of course, 42) and hence we are looking at code corresponding to the line
- share|improve this answer edited Dec 17 '14 at 8:36 answered Oct 17 '08 at 14:58 unwind 258k39338464 1 In case, I had data; This is now a multiple of 4
- Some common causes of bus errors are: invalid file descriptors, unreasonable I/O requests, bad memory allocation, misaligned data structures, compiler bugs, and corrupt boot blocks.
- share|improve this answer answered Oct 18 '08 at 17:52 Joshua 18.6k33581 This often happens when I update the .so file while running the process –poordeveloper Aug 11 '15 at
- what if solaris realloc copies everytime remapping is not really needed?what if this copying enforces memory addresses not to be allocatable afterwards?
- operator do?1Bus error in simple C program1C++ pointers declaration order output segmentation fault or bus error3What error code does a process that segfaults return?0Bus Error in C for Loop0Bus Error, don't
- but with -d it does not on the shell. -bash-3.00# truss -f /etc/init.d/icinga start 6540: stat64("/usr/local/lib/libc.so.1", 0x08047470) Err#2 ENOENT 6540: stat64("/usr/local/ssl/lib/libc.so.1", 0x08047470) Err#2 ENOENT 6540: mmap(0x00010000, 24576, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANON|MAP_ALIGN, -1, 0)
Actual result: -------------- # make test Bus Error - core dumped make: [test] Error 138 (ignored) core dump Patches Add a PatchPull Requests Add a Pull RequestHistoryAllCommentsChangesGit/SVN commitsRelated reports [2007-05-31 16:33 In various fields of research (perhaps wider), the slang "bus error" has a different meaning, which I think could be a relevant answer. Thanks for the assistance. Bus Error Core Dumped Sparc Closed 07/05/2010 Related to Duplicates Duplicated by Blocks Blocked by Precedes Follows Copied to Copied from Issue # Delay: days Cancel Associated revisions Revision 69d5fab5 Added by mfriedrich about 6 years
Magento 2: how to make a module compatible with Varnish Cache? Bus Error (core Dumped) Gulp For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question. the segfault clearly shows an access violation in mmap. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem.
Or is it inevitable once a certain point in development is reached? How To Fix Bus Error (core Dumped) You try this on ARM, MIPS, Power, etc. If the co-signer on my car loan dies, can the family take the car from me like they're threatening to? Solaris 9 Quote Postby Gio » 2009-05-18T06:46:31-07:00 Hello, I try with small photo and it works.
Bus Error (core Dumped) Gulp
Sign in Register Home Projects Help Search: Icinga 1.x » Core, Classic UI, IDOUtils Overview Activity Roadmap Issues Gantt Calendar Repository Issues View all issues Summary Calendar Gantt Custom queries all Check your icinga configuration. Bus Error (core Dumped) Linux Noisy depth of field I was allowed to enter the airport terminal by showing a boarding pass for a future flight. Bus Error (core Dumped) Centos The time now is 05:53 AM. - Contact Us - UNIX & Linux - unix commands, linux commands, linux server, linux ubuntu, shell script, linux distros. - Advertising - Top
Powered by Blogger. UNIX & Linux Forums > Top Forums > UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Member Name Remember Me? http://drupalmostpopular.com/bus-error/bus-error-core-dumped.html How does the Mac SE/30 send video to the analog board? Did Kuntī deliver Karṇa through her womb? How to politely decline compensation? Bus Error Core Dumped In Unix
If you're using gcc or something gcc-compatible, that would be the -g -O0 command line options. If I am posting in wrong place please let me know where should I post the same. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE as root I get gcc --version sparc-sun-solaris2.10-gcc (GCC) 4.0.4 (gccfss) Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc. weblink Ego Blogging: My Portrait ► March (10) ► February (6) ► January (6) ► 2006 (61) ► December (3) ► November (2) ► October (6) ► September (12) ► July (5)
Will I still get the error now? Solaris 10 Bus Error So at *map = 0 we are touching past the end of the allocated object. Posted by John Graham-Cumming at 13:03 Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest Labels: pseudo-randomness 1 comment: Bart said...
However, what you're assigning to all_albums_p[j].tracks is a block of memory the size of num_tracks char.
Hot Network Questions Can my employer see what I do on the internet when I am connected to the company network? so it has to do something with the > ... I try [email protected]/usr/local/imdas/ImdasImport/bin $convert -debug cache -limit memory 1mb -limit map 1mb test.tif test.jpg2009-05-18T16:44:18+02:00 0:01 0.010u 6.5.1 Cache convert: cache.c/DestroyPixelCacheInfo/1513/Cache destroy 2009-05-18T16:44:18+02:00 0:01 0.020u 6.5.1 Cache convert: cache.c/DestroyPixelCacheInfo/1513/Cache destroy Busfehler (core Bus Error(coredump) Thanks & Regards Bpksr 2235Views Tags: none (add) This content has been marked as final.
I understand that I can withdraw my consent at any time. Post Reply Print view Search Advanced search 8 posts • Page 1 of 1 Gio Bus error (core dumped). But why? –Learning C Apr 3 '12 at 1:43 1 The size of a char is nearly always 8 bits. check over here If the area pointed to was moved, a free(ptr) is done. ======== what can be resolved => comment profiler_init(); call in icinga.c - everything works fine (x86 and sparc tested).=> make
What difficulty would the Roman Empire have besieging a fantasy kingdom's 49m wall? Re: Bus Error - Core dumped on Solaris 10 800381 Apr 22, 2010 10:19 AM (in response to 807567) Which process dumped core? so it must be a difference since the fork... and you're going to get nasty things happening to you.